Power Map is a 3D Data visualization tool , add-in for Excel for mapping, exploring, and interacting with geographical and temporal data. its provide facility to plot your data geographic and temporal data visually, analyze that data in 3D, and create cinematic tours to share with others.
- Possibilities with Power Map:
- Map Data: You may plot more than a 10 Lakhs rows of data in 3D visually on Bing maps and visualize the data with 3D columns, bubble/pie charts or different kind of chart.
- Discover Insights: You may discover new insights by seeing your data in geographic space and seeing time-stamped data change over time.
- Share Stories: You may capture screenshot and build cinematic, guided interactive or video.
Note : You must be connected to the internet to use Power Map and Online data connectivity required and performance experience depends on hardware/software configuration
- Download installer file form given link Click here
Select the installer file to download and click on next button
- Double click on downloaded installer file
- Click on agree option and press on next button
- You may change the installation folder from here
- Click on close to finish the installation
- Now you can see the Map option under insert menu in your Excel
- Select “form CSV” in Power Query menu to import data
- Select downloaded CSV file ( you may use other option to import data according to the given choice )
- Imported Data in Query Editor (here you can remove unwanted columns and add new custom columns)
- Add custom column to join District and State name which may help us to locate it on Map
- for Example here ( formula: =[Name] & “, ” & “Uttar Pradesh” )
- In result all rows will get the value according to the requirement
- To use data for map click on Load data to model
- Now Data Loaded to the Model
- Select on Launch Power Map in Insert option
- As you will select on Name column location will plot on Bing Map then click on Next option
- As you will select measure fields, it will show you columns on 3D Map ( you can change view according to the requirement )